Technology is a great tool to enable communication, problem solving and creativity. One technology family that we get a lot of questions about is the Apple tools for education.
- For students, imagine how fun a book report could be if you turned it into a 3 minute video using iMovie.
- Hundreds of educational apps making real-time progress measurement possible- such as Nearpod, Kahoot, Quizlet and the coming soon Schoolwork app that enables you to push assignments to ipads, as well as organize those assignments by class and due date.
- Garage Band can be used in music class, but is also an amazing literacy and math tool.
In your Public Library:
- How could a podcast recorded on GarageBand help you connect with your community?
- Using iMovie, capture the workshops, community development activities and after school projects into a short video to help patrons understand the important role you play.
To help our members fully utilize the suite of apps native to Apple devices, we have dedicated our training space to Apple Camp on July 9-13. Each day has a new topic- from Numbers, Keynote and Pages to Apple Classroom, Garage Band and iMovie. You can attend the entire week or just pick and choose the course(s) that are right for you. As an added bonus, Bret Siegel, an engineer for Apple, will join us for the Garage Band class on Wednesday July 11 to share tips and tricks while answering questions and leading conversations.
As always, our in-house classes have no charge for the faculty and staff of organizations that have a MOREnet Full Membership Service Package and only $50 for a half day, $100 for full day, for faculty and staff of organizations that have a Basic Membership Service Package with us.
To register for any of the classes below, visit our training calendar at www.more.net/trainingschedule
Monday, July 9:
AM: Pages for iPad
PM: Choose one: Pages for Mac OS OR Nearpod Basics
Tuesday, July 10:
AM: Numbers for iPad
PM: Choose one: Numbers for Mac OS OR Apple Classroom
Wednesday, July 11:
AM: Garage Band for iPad
PM: Garage Band for Mac OS
Thursday, July 12:
AM: Keynote for iPad
PM: Keynote for Mac OS
Friday, July 13:
AM: iMovie for iPad
PM: iMovie for Mac OS