TAKING CARE OF YOUR DEVICE
Students are responsible for the general care of the device they have been issued by the school. Devices that are broken or fail to work properly must be taken to the High School Library.
2.1 General Precautions
- No food or drink is allowed next to your device while it is in use.
- Cords, cables, and removable storage devices must be inserted carefully into the computers.
- Students should never carry their devices without its protective case.
- Devices should be shut down when not in use to conserve battery life.
- Devices must remain free of any writing, drawing, stickers, or labels that are not the property of the Grandview School District.
- Devices must never be left in a car or any unsupervised area.
- Students are responsible for keeping their device’s battery charged for school each day.
- Devices should always be at room temperature before booting. If they are cold, condensation may form and destroy it.
2.2 Carrying Devices
The protective cases provided with devices have sufficient padding to protect the device from normal treatment and provide a suitable means for carrying the computer within the school. Devices should always be within the protective case when carried.
2.3 Screen Care
The devices screens can be damaged if subjected to rough treatment. The screens are particularly sensitive to damage from excessive pressure on the screen.
- Do not lean on the top of the device when it is closed.
- Do not place anything near the device that could put pressure on the screen.
- Do not place anything in the carrying case that will press against the cover.
- Do not poke the screen.
- Do not place anything on the screen before closing the cover (e.g. pens, pencils, or disks).
- Clean the screen with a soft, dry cloth or anti-static cloth. Do NOT spray any liquid directly on the screen. Water, eye glass or glass cleaner may be sprayed on a cloth to clean the screen.
Next: Using Your Device At School
Home: Grandview R-II School District Electronic Device Handbook