SOFTWARE ON THE DEVICES
5.1 Originally Installed Software
- The software originally installed by the GHS must remain on the device in usable condition and be easily accessible at all times.
- From time to time the school may add software applications or ebooks for use in a particular course. The licenses for this software require that the software be de-activated from devices when the student is no longer in the course.
5.2 Additional Software
It is the responsibility of individual students to be aware of additional software programs and files loaded onto their device. Students are responsible for maintaining the integrity of software required for facilitating academic activities.
- Any additional software must be appropriate for the school environment and may not infringe on the productivity of the classroom setting.
- Violent games and computer images containing obscene or pornographic material are banned.
- Any additional software deemed inappropriate by the administration or technology team will result in disciplinary action.
- Music, video files and age appropriate games that are not authorized by the school district may be removed.
Students will be selected at random to provide their device for inspection.
5.4 Procedure for re-loading software
If technical difficulties occur or illegal software is discovered, the hard drive will then be re-formatted and re-imaged. The school does not accept responsibility for the loss of any data deleted due to a re-format and re-image.
5.5 Software upgrades
Upgrade versions of licensed software are available from time to time. Students will be informed when software is available.
Next: Acceptable Use
Home: Grandview R-II School District Electronic Device Handbook