- Mr. Or Ganized wants to add a study guide to his course. With editing turned on, he chooses to Add an activity or resource on the desired section. He selects the radio button next to File (which appears at the bottom left-hand side of the scroll window). Then he clicks Add.
- He types in the title and details about the file. (He chooses to Display description on the course page, but this is optional).
- Knowing he will add many study guides during this course, he selects Create Folder.
- He names the folder “Study Guides”.
- Seeing the name of his new folder, he clicks on the “Study Guides” folder to ensure his file goes into that folder. Then he chooses Add.
- Since this is a new Moodle file, he clicks on Upload a file. He browses for where his file is saved on his computer.
- Since he created the file, he puts his name as the author and chooses his desired license.
- Then he clicks Upload this file.
- After any other options are chosen, he clicks Save and return to course.
The next time you go to upload a file, you can click on Server Files to see your folders and subfolders, making it easy to re-link a file in the same course without uploading it again. If you want to use the same file in other courses, you can click on Recent files to view items you have uploaded recently. If you choose to put them in another course, there is no need to re-upload. Simply click on the file when adding a resource in your other course and it will copy to the new course.