Security best practices dictate that you enable an autolock system on all of your devices. Why is that important? Well, let’s take the device out of the equation and insert your wallet. Would you leave your wallet laying on a counter unattended? If your wallet were stolen or lost would you feel comfortable that nothing was taken from it? Is there information in your wallet that you would not like for someone to see or use to impersonate you?
Our personal devices have become an important part of our lives. We store lots of bits and pieces about ourselves on them. That is why it is so important to protect your devices.
Here are a few tips about mobile device security:
- Enable autolock for periods of inactivity
- Do not store personally identifiable information (PII) on your device
- Never leave your device unattended
- Back up your device on a regular basis
- Install/configure remote wipe
- Delete any old or unused personal information
Are lockscreen patterns less secure that PINS? Read more here.