Here’s a summary (with links to full articles) of what we might expect to see in the cyber security realm this year.
- Malware will get smarter and threats more serious
- We will see exploits using facial recognition or fingerprint access
- We will see the first widespread mobile phone ransomware
- The boom of IoT will cause a major breach of privacy without content
Read more: 10 Cybersecurity Predictions for 2018
- There will be at least one more major data breach
- There will be a significant disruption of Internet traffic caused by a botnet attack
- The US government will fluctuate between putting an emphasis on cyber security regulations and personnel… or not.
- The Internet of Things will experience more of a mandate than a form of standards.
Read more: Cybersecurity Predictions for 2018
- Ransomware will continue to explode in the cloud
- Bitcoin wallets will be hacked and controlled through automated processes.
- There will be an increase in cyber security frameworks
Read more: 2018 Cyber Security Predictions
- Will cyrptocurrencies be regulated?
Read more: New Bitcoin Restrictions
- Ransomware will be the most dangerous threat
- Cybercriminals focus on cryptocurrencies
- A joint international effort to fight cybercrime
- A rise in mobile threats
- Cyber-insurance proposals will explode
- Cyberbullying: The emergency continues
Read more: Top 10 Cyber Security Predictions for 2018